Now is not the time to book a facial, but why not invigorate your face and body with a home-made coffee scrub?
After having enjoyed your morning coffee (with a good book or a glance at the news), remove the coffee grounds (from your French press or automatic coffee maker) and pour them into a medium-sized bowl (reserve some grounds aside for the body scrub).
- Mix the grounds with a drizzle of honey and a little cream or milk.
- Wash your face first, then apply a thin layer, avoiding eyes and mouth.
- Massage gently in small circular motions, for aprox 10 min.
- Rinse off with a warm washcloth.
If you have sensitive skin that may not be the scrub for you. Be mindful~
- Add one (or a few) spoonful(s) of coconut oil to the coffee ground, honey and mix. Apply in the shower or tub (it is quite oily so be careful not to slip!) and massage, always in small circular motions.
- Use this coffee scrub for your hands as well, it is a great exfoliant and a natural moisturizer.
If you are allergic to coconut or milk just use honey and coffee.